Autumn is here, cold and flu season is already upon us! I always dread this time of year, getting that first cold unsettles me. I don’t do very well with these and usually end up very very sick and it takes forever to get over it.
My usual cold remedy is a honey lemon tea, but a few days ago I saw a picture someone posted on Facebook about honey lemon in a jar. I tweaked the recipe to add a couple of ingredients I like and voila a cold cure in a jar.
You will need:
- 2 lemons
- Fresh Ginger
- A Jar
You can adjust quantities based on the size of the jar. I went by eye and taste.
- Wash and dry lemons very well
- Cut off tips and slice into quarters
- Empty into a bowl and give the bunch a couple of squeezes (I used my hand) just to release a bit of the juice
- Grate the ginger into the bowl (I used a piece the length of my index)
- Add cinnamon (I used about 2 Tbsp)
- Mix ingredients in the bowl well
- Pour into the jar (about 3/4 of the way)
- Pour honey into the jar until it’s filled
- Close jar tightly and shake well
- Put in fridge
After a few days, you’ll see it will start to become a bit like jelly. You can keep it in the fridge for 3-4 months. You pour a couple of tablespoons into a mug and add boiling water for a healing brew. When you’re sick and not feeling good it’s so much easier to have the mix ready in the fridge rather than making it from scratch each time you need it.
I also started taking 1 or 2 teaspoons every morning as an immune system booster.
Try it and let me know what you think! Any other tips are welcome!
Stay healthy xo
For comments and feed back please write to me at: dania “at” mommynuggets “dot” com