Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning how to dance in the rain! ~ Vivian Greene
”The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off!”
– Gloria Steinem
I saw this quote on a friend’s Facebook status and wanted to share, it is especially important to remember these words during high stress periods:
“Don’t do something permanently stupid, just because you are temporarily upset!”
This one made me go Hmmmm:
“Why compare yourself with others? No one in the entire world can do a better job of being you than you.”
When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.
Nothing makes you feel your age more than going through your high school yearbook with your 9 year old child!
— Dalai Lama
If you are going down a road and don’t like what’s in front of you and look behind you and don’t like what you see, get off the road. Create a new path!
— Maya Angelou
Came across this one at www.laughitout.com this week and thought it was great. Loving Number 13 (so true) but today feeling like number 8
- Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.
- The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and leaky tire.
- It’s always darkest before dawn. So if you’re going to steal your neighbor’s newspaper, that’s the time to do it.
- Don’t be irreplaceable. If you can’t be replaced, you can’t be promoted.
- Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.
- Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
- If you think nobody cares if you’re alive, try missing a couple of car payments.
- Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
- If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you.
- Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
- If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
- If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
- Some days you’re the bug; some days you’re the windshield.
- Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
- The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
- A closed mouth gathers no foot.
- Duct tape is like ‘The Force’. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
- There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.
- Generally speaking, you aren’t learning much when your lips are moving.
- Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.
- Never miss a good chance to shut up.