It’s that time of year when you want something warm and comforting. I love bread pudding and always make it when I have leftover bread. I made soup in bread bowls for dinner last night and had all this bread left over.
This recipe was inspired by one I found on www.thecinammonquill.com, I made changes based on ingredients I have and ones my family loves. Here goes:
- 5 Cups of cubed bread
- 2 Cups raisins
- 2 Cups milk
- 1/2 Cup honey
- 2 1/2 to 3 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Less than 1/2 cup brown sugar (use less if you don’t like it very sweet)
- Preheat oven to 325
- Combine the following ingredients in bowl: milk, honey, starch, cinnamon, vanilla and mix well
- Add to bread and raisins and toss to cover bread well
- Let it stand for about 15 minutes so the liquid can be absorbed into the bread
- Spray (or butter) chosen pan and lightly sprinkle with sugar
- Empty bread mixture and spread evenly
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top
- Bake for 35 minutes
Note: You can also add chopped walnuts if you like, I didn’t have any on hand this time but I will next time!
The whole house smells yummy. My daughter says it smells like love!